1 neither moral nor immoral; neither good nor evil, right nor wrong
2 having no personal preference; "impersonal criticism"; "a neutral observer" [syn: impersonal]
3 having only a limited ability to react chemically; not active; "inert matter"; "an indifferent chemical in a reaction" [syn: inert, indifferent]
4 not supporting or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest
6 lacking hue; "neutral colors like back or white"
8 lacking distinguishing quality or characteristics; "a neutral personality that made no impression whatever" n : one who does not side with any party in a war or dispute
- (UK): /ˈnjuːtɹəl/, /"nju:tr@l/
- (US): /ˈnuːtɹəl/, /"nu:tr@l/
- Not taking sides in a conflict such as war; nonaligned.
- Favouring neither the supporting nor opposing viewpoint of a topic of debate; unbiased.
- Neither positive nor negative.
- Neither beneficial nor harmful.
- Having no sex; neuter.
- Having no obvious colour; gray
- Neither positive nor negative; possessing no charge or equivalent positive and negative charge such that there is no imbalance.
- Having a pH of 7, neither acidic nor alkaline.
Not taking sides in a conflict such as war
- Albanian: neutral
- Chinese: 中立 (zhōng lì)
- Dutch: neutraal
- Finnish: puollueeton
- French: neutre
- German: neutral
- Hungarian: semleges
- Italian: neutrale
- Japanese: 中立の (ちゅうりつの, chūritsu no)
- Korean: 중럅의 (jungnip-ui)
- Polish: neutralny, bezstronny
- Portuguese: neutro
- Russian: нейтральный (nejtrál’nyj)
- Spanish: neutral
- Swedish: neutral
Neither beneficial nor harmful
Having no sex; neuter
Having no obvious colour; gray
(physics) Neither positive nor negative
(chemistry) Neither acidic nor alkaline
- A nonaligned state, or a member of such a state
- A person who takes no side in a dispute
- An individual or entity serving as an arbitrator or adjudicator (jargon / legal)
- A neutral hue
- The position of a set of gears in which power cannot be transmitted to the drive mechanism
- An electrical terminal that is not electrified
A person who takes no side in a dispute
- German: Neutraler
A neutral hue
The position of a set of gears
An electrical terminal that is not electrified
- Neutral country, in politics, is a country that takes no side in a conflict
- Neutral gear, in a motor vehicle gearbox, where no gear ratios are selected
- Neutral level, in semiotics, is the physical or material creation of esthesic and poietic processes
- Neutral Nation, a group of Native Americans
- Neutral territory, territory belonging to no one sovereign state.
- Neutrality of money, in economics, the notion that a change in the money supply has no real effects
- Network neutrality
- The neutral wire of ground and neutral in mains wiring
- Neutral, an alignment in the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons
- In chemistry, a neutral solution is neither acidic nor basic, see pH
- In language study, the neuter gender, see grammatical gender
- Neutral particle
- Neutral colors
- "Neutral point of view", a stance or tone that is free from bias. It can be abbreviated as NPOV. See Objectivity
- Neutral Records, a record label
- The principle of neutrality is a humanitarian principle which governs humanitarian response
- In statistics, a multivariate random variable is neutral if it exhibits a particular type of statistical independence seen when considering the Dirichlet distribution
- In ecology, organisms are neutral if they obey the Unified neutral theory of biodiversity.
neutral in Czech: Neutrální
neutral in German: Neutral
neutral in French: Neutralité
neutral in Dutch: Neutraal
neutral in Polish: Neutralność
neutral in Portuguese: Neutro
neutral in Simple English: Neutral
Hydromatic, Laodicean, Olympian, abstract, achromatic, achromic, aloof, anemic, anythingarian, apathetic, asexual, ashen, ashy, autarchic, autarkic, automatic transmission, autonomous, beige, bland, bled white, bloodless, broad, cadaverous, candid, castrated, centrist, changeable, chloranemic, cogwheel, cold, collective, colorless, compromiser, conservative, contemplative, cool, dead, deadly pale, deathly pale, detached, differential, differential gear, dim, dimmed, dingy, discolored, disinterested, dispassionate, do-nothing, dormant, drab, dull, ecru, emasculated, equitable, etiolated, eunuchized, even, evenhanded, exsanguinated, exsanguine, exsanguineous, faded, faint, fair, fallow, featureless, fence-sitter, fervorless, fifty-fifty, flat, free lance, free spirit, free trader, free-spirited, freethinker, freewheel, freewheeling, frigid, frustrated, gear, gear train, gearbox, gearing, gearshift, gearwheel, general, generalized, generic, ghastly, gray, haggard, half-and-half, halfhearted, high, hueless, hypochromic, idle, immobile, impartial, impersonal, impotent, inactive, indecisive, indefinite, independent, indeterminate, indifferent, indistinct, indistinguishable, individualist, individualistic, inert, infirm of purpose, infirm of will, inner-directed, insipid, intermediate, irresolute, isolationist, just, lackluster, laissez-aller, laissez-faire, latitudinarian, leaden, liberal, libertarian, libertine, livid, lofty, low, lukewarm, lurid, lusterless, mat, mealy, meditative, middle-of-the-roader, midway, milk-and-water, milky, moderate, moderationist, moderatist, motionless, muddy, mugwump, mugwumpian, mugwumpish, mushy, nebulous, neuter, nonaligned, noncommittal, noncommitted, nonpartisan, nonspecific, nothingarian, objective, on the fence, overdrive, pale, pale as death, pale-faced, pallid, paralytic, paralyzed, passive, pasty, perfunctory, procrastinating, quiescent, quietist, quietistic, rack, remote, removed, reverse, rugged individualist, sallow, self-contained, self-dependent, self-determined, self-directing, self-governed, self-governing, self-reliant, self-subsistent, self-sufficient, self-supporting, selfless, sexless, sickly, sovereign, stagnant, stagnating, standard transmission, standpat, static, stationary, stick shift, swing vote, synchromesh, tallow-faced, tasteless, tepid, third force, third world, third-force, third-world, toneless, transmission, unaffiliated, unallied, unbiased, uncharacterized, uncolored, uncommitted, uncommitted voter, undazzled, undifferentiated, uninfluenced, uninvolved, unjaundiced, unprejudiced, unprepossessed, unselfish, unsexed, unsexual, unspecified, unswayed, vague, vapid, vegetable, vegetative, wan, washed out, washed-out, watery, waxen, weak, whey-faced, white, wide, wishy-washy, withdrawn, zealless